Confession of a Pink-haired Girl

4:02 PM

First of all, I'm sorry that you might think that this is annoying and another shit I want to be angry about. I didn't intended to insult anyone or anything here, however, it's just hard for me to keep this alone so I just want to say whatever it is, explicitly, and I hope that you guys can understand myself. If you are afraid to be insulted, then just leave this place NOW before you read.

The reason why I put the title this way is because what I want to share right now and I think that maybe some people might feel the same way.

WARNING!

Whatever I'm telling from now on, it happened in my surroundings, my country.
Let's begin.

Since I was in Junior High, I did SO MUCH experiments on my hair. Getting straighten, curled, dye this and that colors, chopped my hair this style, and so on. Sometimes I did get afraid of having some 'eccentric' hair style but I guess it's normal to anyone. Until today. And also my fashion style is also.. well, a bit strange. I used to like wearing some kind of punk, emo, rock style and now i'm more like swaggy hipster (it's K-Pop syndrome fyi). It's because what I got from everyone around me. The moment I dyed my hair OMBRÉ (see my first black-pink ombré?), I got various reactions from many people. When I was still in Singapore, they reacted 'WOW! It's cool!' and similar things happened. I met many girls dyed their hair with blue or green color, not ombré hair, whole head. For me, it's AWESOME! How cool is that? I also looked some Thai boys, and Koreans of course, did the same thing. It's just normal. I mean, that's one of the many ways to express your style, right?

Unfortunately, I suffered a lot when I came back to Indonesia. Sorry to say but it seems that they're waaaaayyyy too lame. You know, stereotyping people. I got those bunch of 'that girl is so weird' look, even mocking me behind my back. For me, it's like... I feel that the whole world is calling me a weirdo. It's like they think that I'm a bad girl or something like that. SERIOUSLY, WAKE UP! You live in the 21st Century, not the 1800s! What's wrong if my hair pink? Is it an illegal thing to do? I give you some examples. Last year, I went to Jakarta. I thought that they're more open to these kind of things than people in Surabaya (I must say the city for this comparison). I thought they're more fashionista than in Surabaya. Then I once going up on an escalator in some mall and there were 2 guys behind me saying this, 'Look! The girl in front of us is too K-Pop. Why the Korean syndrome is too mainstream nowadays? It's really weird you know, having pink hair. She have no shame'.

I'm like.. WHAT DA ****?!

OK. Next example, it happened in Surabaya a while ago. Seriously, it's like few days ago. These 2 girls is queued in front of me but one of them is looking towards my direction (I stand behind her). Then her friend told her, 'Hey! Look the girl behind you. She had pink hair'. Then the girl who is in front of me, looking to the back and saw me but I pretend not to know what they're doing. Then she said to her friend, 'Wow. Seriously, is that real hair? I think she used hair chalk or extension hair or something. She have guts ya dyeing her hair like that'. It's not finished yet. There's a couple walking across me and the boy said to his girlfriend like this, 'See that girl! She have pink hair. You don't copy her ya!'. I was holding my laugh really hard. Dear people, look what you've done to me. Not all people can handle this, true? People with no confident will automatically dye their hair back to the natural color, maybe even dyeing back to black. See, beauty is not only about having LONG AND BLACK HAIR. Pink hair is also beauty. It's just another style to express their beauty. Do you really think that having pink hair is ugly? Then just go die lah.

I really gained a lesson from my pink hair, that is DON'T CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK OR SAY ABOUT YOU. YOU ARE YOU AND IT'S YOUR OWN STYLE. My mom (thanks to her for allowing me to dye it pink) said to me that it's better you do whatever you want with your hair, color it rainbow or anything, WHEN YOU ARE STILL YOUNG. But when you age more, stop doing it. Can you just imagine 60 years old granny dyeing her hair BLUE? It doesn't make sense right?

That's why, pleaseee, do respect and keep your mouth shut. If you think that this is weird, just keep it to yourself. Just don't show it to us and think that we will follow what you are expecting. Haters will keep hating but I don't really care. To those of you who feel the same way, start doing what i'm doing.

Be confident and proud of your hair. It costs a lot of money you know and it's your own style. So, if you have thoughts or anything, feel free to express it here.

CIAO.

--
Update in 2/1/2017:

Can't I laugh now?

I was amazed by how people in Indonesia are trying to dye their hair ombré, or purple hair or any "weird" hair color these days. 5 FUCKING YEARS. The first time I arrived in Indonesia, from Singapore, with my pink ombré hair, and after 5 YEARS, after all the mockings, they started to "copy" me.

Good job people. You are just being so out-dated.

You Might Also Like

0 notes

Popular Posts

Copyright

missfotografie. do not claim ownership over all images used in this site. Request for permission to use all images here. Images posted are credited to their respective sources. missfotografie ©2020

Like us on Facebook