Lilac Wine

2:54 PM







I lost myself on a cold damp night..
Gave myself in that misty light..
Was hypnotized by a strange delight..
Under a lilac tree..

Photography: Natalia Pek
Talent: Michelle Ng

--

When I first heard this song, The Cinematic Orchestra's version, I thought I really lost my soul. I saw their official music video too and it's truly beautifully amazing. This song, for me, is something else. I never fell so deeply by a certain song. Well, maybe once but this time it's different. I felt this kind of.. I don't know how to say it. It's really dreamy yet sucking you out into a certain atmosphere, something that you don't really understand.

I should create an artwork based on this song, that's what I thought back then. I hold it for a long time because I couldn't find the right girl to portray this song perfectly. Then I saw one of my juniors in uni doing his project, using this girl as his subject. But I'm still in doubt, honestly. I'm not saying that she's not pretty or what, yes she's really pretty, but hesitating whether she's the right one or not. In my hometown, most models or girls have this edgy, vogue-ish look and it's not really what I wanted. I need someone dreamy and sincere.

Here it is. It fits my interpretation of the song. Thank you to this girl, Michelle, for being a great and beautiful model :)

To those of you who are interested on the song, don't listen to the Miley Cyrus's version. It gives you different feel and I don't really like it. 

Here's the link for 'The Cinematic Orchestra''s version here

You Might Also Like

0 notes

Popular Posts

Copyright

missfotografie. do not claim ownership over all images used in this site. Request for permission to use all images here. Images posted are credited to their respective sources. missfotografie ©2020

Like us on Facebook